Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Vaio and American Idol

Arrived at the office around 9:40am and a bit sleepy, actually tired. It's because I slept around 3AM. What happened was like I had to wait my laptop to finish the updates which when counted was close to a hundred. I couldn't sleep because of that. The update was due to the fact that I reinstalled my vaio's vista because I am having problems with it. The lcd screen at the bottom part, where you have the task bar keeps on flickering. I tried adjusting the power consumption setting but it did not help. I tried uninstalling some programs but didn't solve it. The last thing I did was reinstall everything but still the issue persisted. In fact, during hibernation mode, the flickering became worse like there is this speedy interleaving or swapping of the display in the screen. My vaio's model number is a VGN-CS33G which is not an old model. In fact, I cannot believe it myself why or what happened because it's totally new and like I bought it last November of 2009. I did some updates to it but I did not have some issues as the updates I had were recommended updates from the vaio update manager/tool. My suspicion was like it came from the updates actually, and if this was the case, they should have tested their updates very well, because it's a hassle. Anyway, after I arrived in the office, while waiting my machine to be alive, I called vaio through Olga's help and asked stuff about support and warranty. Too bad it rained around 11 AM, it stopped but it rained again - the one thing I hate about Singapore is that the rain comes during lunch time like it's scheduled okay.... Anyway, I borrowed an umbrella from Olga. When the clock struck lunch time, I went out of the office and waited for bus 91. It arrived sooner. I had to go to our flat at Holland Village to get my laptop. I still did not take my lunch, instead, I went to Wisma Sony support center. The bus ride was quick, just 15 minutes. I was deciding to have McDonald's burger but changed my mind and I went ahead to Sony's. I was kind of lost a bit and asked the mobile area and was informed that the vaio support was on the next shop which was kind of hidden. I got my queue number and it was 160 and they were serving145. There were 7 counters if I was not mistaken but only 2 were functional which then became 4 after 20 minutes of waiting. I had with me my IPod Touch, playing word scramble, so I was not bored from waiting. Then my turn came and when I gave my vaio to the clerk, I just informed him that I had a problem with it which was the screen flickers at the bottom part. It was quick like a fox - he scanned my vaio code, confirmed my mobile and it was correct, then he informed that, I have to check-in my laptop and that they will just send me an sms if it's done. I'd like to ask if it was like a known issue to this model and that but I just was so hungry already. I was even interested at the part where he would have asked me if what are the things that I have done or should have done and all the what not. Anyway, I was a bit weak already and thus I needed energy so I chose not to bother. After the short conversation, he gave me a receipt of some sort and then I left. I just went to food republic and had grilled salmon with rice and some fresh veggies. After that, I went out and got a cab going to Gemalto.

At the office, it's so quiet because everyone was on vacation for the Chinese New Year. I was also busy doing the test to pass the DLL I was supporting at the same time improving the code. I was able to solve the issue of the DLL restart. Good thing I have grown familiar with the VB test and also with the whole DLL stuff in my project to the API down to the specific code behavior. I am just happy, grateful and thankful that I was able to finish this task.

After the office, I went with Agnes and Christian to the gym. I gained like a kilo with all the slack I did during the four days vacation. So, I had to do lots of cardio exercises again and to be followed by some weights.

After the gym, my friends and I went to the hawker in Buona Vista, the one beside POSB in Commonwealth Ave. Same old thing, I ordered double fish soup. I also had a homemade ice lemon tea. To so many ice lemon teas I had had in different hawkers, I would say the one in Buona Vista was and still is the best. Anyway, we were just having a fun chit-chat after that simple and satisfying dinner.

I arrived home around 10:40PM and American Idol had just began. Guess what? Andrew Garcia was able to make to the top 24, also my other favorite, Lily Scott was able to make it as well. I was so happy for both, as they were talented and really has that Idol thing in them. I think, they will really be a force to reckon with in the competitions next week.

That's it for today. I hope my vaio will return to me in a great condition and hoping my AI bets will make it through and possibly win it.

Special thanks, to Jason as he offered me to use his netbook :D

Ciao, my laundry is crying out loud! Hikhikhikhik ....

No comments: