Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas is in the Air, smell it!

Holidays are coming and are really unstoppable.

At work, our officemates organized Monito/Monita - a kind of exchange gifts activity where there is a specific theme. Last week, we had something green and just this week we had something dark / black / evil. I received a pen that's colored green with a hand sign of peace and yesterday, I received a head and a wrist band which is good for badminton. They were cool gifts and thanks to those who gave them.

I am thinking if there will be gift giving or even big Christmas celebrations or parties in Singapore. Also thinking if vacations in Singapore would be long which I doubt. Sigh :( An hour ago, our HR emailed everyone of the holidays this December (Philippines) and they are as follows:

1. ) December 1, 2008 declared as a regular holiday in lieu of November 30 which commemorates Bonifacio Day
2.) December 25, 2008 Christmas Day
3.) December 26, 2008 Special non-working holiday
4.) December 29, 2008 Special non-working holiday
5.) December 30, 2008 Rizal Day
6.) December 31, 2008 Special non-working holiday

Quite a long holiday here in the Philippines. I will surely miss Christmas as I have foreseen that I will be spending it somewhere else away from home. I'm getting nostalgic already of the thought of it. Well I will be going home to Cebu first week of December and I will spend those days with my family and friends. So I'll make the most out of this mini vacation.

Christmas is really in the air and I am breathing it already. The spirit is sharing and forgiving and if you can do those things, I think you have celebrated Christmas. My way of redefining Christmas looks good to me :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Lucky you with all of the days off!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful you'll be seeing your family again real soon!!

Here in the U.S., we're celebrating Thanksgiving this week, then Christmas. We're looking forward to it!!

Many Blessings....
Roxanne and Hugo
~ Believe Achieve ~

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone gets the holidays they deserve :)