Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Diva is Born, Charice Pempengco

Her name is Charice, a simple girl with huge dreams. This time she is showing the world of her awesome singing prowess.

The first time I heard her voice and sang was in youtube. It was really amazing. I had goosebumps! Her voice is electrifying, very solid, captivating and guess what she is born to be a diva with the likes of Celine Dion, Mariah and Whitney. Her videos in youtube were selling like hot cakes and everyone just loved her. I myself watched her videos so often because it's really great not to mention addicting.

There was a video of hers in Star King (SBS Korea), a talent show in South Korea, where she performed twice with the audience left aghast and in uproar, in a pleasant way. Watch the clip here:



Ellen DeGeneres took notice of this and had Charice in her show in the US-of-A.
Here is the show's clip:



Charice was invited to perform in Paul O'grady's show in Great Britain. It's the hottest talk show in UK. See her clip here:



David Foster had Charice in his show in Las Vegas, which formally introduced Charice to a more bigger stage. See the clip here:



Andrea Bocelli, an amazing tenor, invited Charice in Tuscany, Italy and they did a duet singing, "The Prayer". Here's the clip:



Oprah joined the bandwagon and had Charice in her show as well. Oprah did another take of Charice like two weeks ago and Charice sang Celine Dion's Titanic OST hit, "My Heart Will Go On", with David Foster on piano. See the clip here:


Nothing can stop Charice. When she sang the second time around in the Oprah Show, Celine Dion was a guest live via satellite, invited Charice to sing a duet with her in Madison Square Garden. Just this day, I saw her clip. Watching it via youtube, I can say that, she's really one hell of a talent. I thought to myself that why not create a blog about her. Her journey from being a humble talent, to now becoming a star, conquering the world stage. Of course here is her clip where she sang, "Because You Love Me":



Well this is my tribute to her. I have been a fan, the first time I saw her in youtube. I think Charice has made a number of followings already. As a fan this is my way of giving credit to her wonderful gift.

Viva to Charice!

9 comments:

Grace Lee said...

Quite amazing, I watched all these Charice videos. She is fantastic!

xgenesis007 said...

Yes grace she is. She is a definite WOW-er!

GMG said...

made a posting about her too a couple days ago. she's very lucky, but she well deserves it! :)

Anonymous said...

Her duet with Andrea Boccelli was absolutely beautiful. Her vouce gave me the chills and that's when you know a song and the singer speaks to your heart. Thank you for sharing this with us.

xgenesis007 said...

Pleasure is mine :) Well a true gift worth sharing to the world, right?

shiera (bisdakbabbles) said...

My friends have been bugging me to watch other Charice's clips. The last one I watched was her first guesting in Oprah. Thanks for compiling this one.

Listening to her gives me goosebumps!
She's awesome!

xgenesis007 said...

You're welcome shiera and thanks to the people who posted these videos in youtube.

I agree, she is awesome!

Angel said...

I am a man but I cannot help but to wipe some tears on my eyes when I saw her at Oprah and now with Celine Dion.

Opportunities really comes in hand if you have great talent.

Once more, Filipinos have a new inspiration and I just hope that she will stay as humble as she is.

Thanks1

xgenesis007 said...

Yeah guardian angel she is an inspiration. I do watch her videos from time to time, just like my morning coffee or my midnight snacks, that I can't live without.

I just hope too that she stays humble and grateful of her gift.