Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Will Hunting

Just last week, I have written that I started watching BattleStar Galactica(BSG). Well, I got hold of my first original DVD when I planned to buy an album of Richard Poon at Tower Records and got the rest of the package from my Muslim friends at Makati Square where you can buy pirated copies - though wishing to have the originals.

To give you a synopsis, the story started when the Cyclons - robots or machines with advanced artificial intelligence (AI) created by humans; rebelled and attacked the twelve colonies of Kobol. It was a doomsday with that nuclear annihilation from the Cylons. The remaining survivors on board the space ship called Galactica went to journey the space and beyond in search for the fabled 13th tribe who settled in a new planet called Earth. The rag tag was lead by Commander Adama. The Cylons at this time have human features already - physically resembling like humans. This has threatened the fleet plus the political turmoil that has risen, due to the fact that there was no civilian government. The power sharing and shifting created more difficulty. But, when Laura Roslin, an education secretary, was sworn to power due to constitutional provisions, and got the approval of the majority including the commander, things went a little lighter. The fleet journeyed long with all the risk from the Cyclons following them.

I hope that was enough for a synopsis.

Anyhow, I was really fascinated with the script though there has been some major changes when it was first or originally created. I didn't know about the original script but fortunately, the DVD I got did have some clips about the making, casting, you know featuring the writers, characters and some interviews with the original casts. I finished seasons 1 and 2 and currently watching season 3.

Well anyway, you have to get your copies for seasons 1 - 4, for you to appreciate it, and spice up your sci-fi spirit.

Bye for now!

No comments: