Monday, January 19, 2009

Chinese New Year Celebration at Marche

I love this new company!

Last week, our technical director invited us for a lunch at the North Border, a cozy restaurant at Rochester which serves American South Western cuisine. And today, we had our lunch at Marche. Marche is actually a French word which means market. It's a restaurant at Vivo City just a few minutes ride from Ayer Rajah Crescent where Gemalto is located.

We got out of the office around 12:15PM and I was really hungry. You see, I only ate Mars Chocolate bar for my breakfast as there was not any rice and viand cooked. Certainly my fault for not preparing one. Anyway, I did not know then where we were heading and when the clock ticked 12noon, our manager told us that we were going already and it's at Marche.

I know the place but haven't tried having lunch there.

Anyway, when we got to the place, we were given an NFC card which would serve as our order record list, somewhat a money card. I think we were limited to 100 SG dollars per person. It was exciting as the food looked really delicious. Too bad I did not bring my digital camera with me.

Anyway, I ordered garlic sausage, Australian pork and they were grilled so I have to get back after ten minutes. I went around and saw this juice stall. I then ordered a large glass of orange - apple juice. I needed rice but the only available recipe was a paella and it has shrimp on it. Not unless I wanted to have those allegies again heheheh so I opted to look around. There were bread but I was not attracted to it. There was this slightly heavy queue on the Rosti section so I aligned myself. Checking on the list of menus, I picked Rosti with Smoked Norwegian Salmon. I then went to our table and from their delicately tasted my choices. They were all good except the smoked salmon which was a little weird. I finished my lunch with that one scoop of a very delicious Swiss chocolate ice cream and a scoop of passion fruit with mango which tastes funny.

After the meal, we had this picture taking. Hoping I can get copies of the pictures from my officemates.

Happy Chinese New Year to Everyone!

2 comments:

The Muse said...

:) :) first all....shame on you! LOL a candy bar for breakfast!? LOL
(i thought i was the only one who did that!) LOL

your outing for lunch sounds wonderful...i can see why this company is quickly becoming so wonderful...

i am glad to hear that you are feeling great about that!

Anonymous said...

Yehey! I got some pictures from my officemate. I'll update this entry later this night :)

@The Muse
Yeah I had a chocolate bar and it's my fault.Hahahaha....
Thanks for the company sponsoring that lunch out :)