Monday, October 27, 2008

UCA Shooting and me being back!

Two opposites; well, I chanced to read the latest news. As I have arrived, someone on the other side of the globe died. It's horrific - a shooting at the University of Arkansas. There were two deaths. What could be the reason behind this shooting? US of A has a serious problem in their schools - emotional or psychological in nature.

Anyway, I just got back from Cebu. Cebu is still Cebu, with lots of pluses like more malls or shopping stores, more people, and ahem ... more dirt? It's slowly becoming like Manila which is a little polluted, and I am hoping not. Hope Governor Garcia and the mayors of Cebu will take good care of our progress, that it will be a balanced progress.

Here are the pics I want to share. Hope you will like them.

This was at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport 3 or NAIA 3. The controvesial airport because of the allegations of corruption when it was constructed.

Since I was all alone in the airport waiting for my flight, I managed to take some pictures. Since my laptop was still fully charged and I have still an hour to wait for my departure, I played Starcraft. Hehehehe.


Click, then click and finally click....

This is kind of nonsense but let it be. Wahahaha. I have been travelling since ages but then I did not have a digital camera. I mean this is my first digi-cam. You see, I usually have to ask some pictures from my friends, whom I'm travelling with, to have photographs which were posted at multiply, facebook or friendster.

This was my flight number bound to Cebu.


Click, then click and finally click....


My pose at SM City Cebu North Wing lobby.

This side of the mall is comparable to some A-shops at Greenbelt. They have expensive brands of clothing and apparel lines opened in here.

Too bad, my money is not for those shops.

Anyway this will give a new meaning to window shopping.




Click, then click and finally click....


Me and my best friend MJ.

Posing outside of BigBy's resto. (Have I spelt the resto name correctly? Wahahahaha!)

We've got nothing to do and we can't have our dinner there so we just took a photo of us.


Click, then click and finally click....


We went to an art exhibit entitled, "Mugnang Halad" which when translated to English would become, "Creative Offering".

The paintings were great and I was messing around. I do love paintings specially the abstract style. This painting was my personal favorite.



Click, then click and finally click....


Dinner with my closest friends at Joven's. These people are my college mates in the good old days at the Cebu Institute of Technology.

Some of these friends became my officemates as well when I started to step into the world of professionals.

I am allergic to shrimp but I still ate a lot.


Click, then click and finally click....


The second Mactan bridge, my first ever photograph of this very important structure in Cebu.

This bridge connects Lapu-lapu City to the mainland Cebu.





Click, then click and finally click....


An aerial view of the second Mactan Bridge.

I took this one from the plane bound for Manila which was 4 hours ago if I am not mistaken.





I still have lots of pictures and as much as I wanted to share them, I just can't. I would prefer to have them treasured and be kept private. Hope you guys understand. :)

Oh I forgot to mention that my brother and my father fetched me at the airport and all I could do when I got out of the airport where they waited was hugged them. I was so happy to see them. Extremely happy!

Anyway, peace and prayers to those who have left this faceless earth and to the families of the victims at UCA.

8 comments:

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne said...

It sounds like you had a memorable time with your family and friends. That's wonderful!! Thank you for sharing a little about your trip and sharing the pictures with us.

Many Blessings....Roxanne and Hugo

Wen said...

a similar incident happened years ago at virginia tech.. a student started shooting people randomly.. good thing a friend of mine was home when that happened, but a lot died...

i miss cebu! :) my dad's from there. went to cebu on vacation 7 years ago... wala pang bigby's that time. hehe but it's a cool place, and it was great meeting relatives for the 1st time. hehe :) i like the ayala area.. and.. cafe laguna serves yummy food. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. i will bulabog here again. hahaha you're here in cebu na pala. where's my krispy kreme! hahaha sakpan =))

Anonymous said...

@@hugo and roxanne
I did have a great time with my friends and family. I am looking forward for my next trip.

Anonymous said...

@@wen
Yes that was another unfortunate event.

You better see Cebu again! What about early next year, January, when the city celebrates the Sinulog?

Juliarso said...

I really enjoyed your story and pictures. Thanks for sharing. GBU

Wen said...

my sister and her bf are planning to go there for the Sinulog next year. I might tag along, with my brother... hehehe ^_^ Looking forward to seeing Cebu again! :)

Anonymous said...

@@wen

That's amazing! You should go and see the Sinulog because it will be super fun. Hope I can save more so I can watch it. I am going back home again to Cebu this December so I won't be sure if I can again visit by January next year. But I am crossing my fingers :D